Friday, December 28, 2012

First five days

So I started potty training my 4 month old son on Christmas Eve. I managed to have my four year old daughter fully potty trained by nine months so now I am attempting to do it again!!!

Now that he is able to sit up with assistance, eating foods and two weeks away from being 5 months old it was time to start training. The earlier you start to break a habit the easier it is to get broken!! So as usual I am starting with when he first wakes up, because we all have to go when we first wake up. So I catch him when he first wakes up in the morning and when he wakes up from every nap. So no matter what I am in the middle of (and I try not to start any task that I can't walk away from to grab him when I hear that he is waking up) I stop, go to him and work quickly to put him on his potty. I keep the potty right there where he is napping, so it gets moved a lot from the room where his crib is to the room where his pack and play is.

I am starting with him differently then when I started to train my daughter, with her I bought training pants and the plastic cover...Yes, I got peed on a lot and got discouraged so I waited another month and started her training at 6 months. Now with my son I am leaving him in hi diaper while I work with him so that there are messy disasters for the times I miss his signals.

So it has been 5 days of potty training my precious 4 month old (almost 5) and so far out of the 5 mornings he has peed each time, so I succeeded in getting the morning pee, but the after nap pee has been tricky! he takes 2-3 naps a day and I seem to catch him better after the long nap rather than the short ones. I have to remind myself to talk to him and tell him what I want him to do, just like when I change him or take him to his check ups and they weigh him without a diaper I always say "no pee pee" so on the potty I say "pee pee now"

I will keep either a weekly or daily (which is my goal) log/journal of how my progress is going and share my methods because if you are like me and understand that diapers and wipes are just too expensive and that the bigger the size, the less they put in the box and the more they charge is crazy!! Potty training early is the only way out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment