Wednesday, January 2, 2013

STAYED DRY FOR 4 HOURS

Well today was a great day of potty training!! It was a challenge because he is teething and fussy but he managed to surprise me and stay dry for 4 yes 4 hours straight!!! We started the morning off right with a pee when he first woke up..check.... Then maybe 1 hour after I nursed him I put him on the potty and YES people he peed!! Then what did he do 3 hours ahead of schedule, he pooped in the diaper right after I took him off the potty!! Yes that was my fault, I could have left him there a little longer but I don't want him to confuse the potty with a lounge chair. So his poop is not on any schedule! So I changed his poopy diaper then waited another half hour and put him on the potty again because he was cry screaming for something, and it wasn't food or a toy or his teeth so I just put him on the pot and he peed for me and laid down then took a 20 minute nap. When he woke up he stayed pee free for another 2 hours. Within those two hours I was just randomly putting him on the potty when I felt like he was telling me he needed to go. After that two hours I guess that is when his gums really started to hurt and the thought of putting him on the pot went out the window. I know shame on me, LOL but that infant orajel was not working at all. But overall today was a great potty training day.


If you want to know what happened when I thought our pooping schedule was the same due to the breastfeeding, Its not! SHOCKER!! It was just a hunch, but after that day I realized that not only is he pooping twice a day the time varies because now I am paying attention to it so I can put him on the pot, go figure.

I am going to keep at it!! At this rate he will be trained in no time at all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment